Tenecor Shipping & Returns Policy
All retail sales must be 100% prepaid. In addition to all major credit cards, we accept checks, money orders and bank transfers. Non-certified checks may be held for 10 days before starting order. There is a $25.00 charge for all returned checks. Shipments delayed by customer request will be assessed a $25.00 per day storage fee.
Many Tenecor Aquariums products are made to order and cannot be returned or canceled once the order is started. All authorized returns require a “Return Authorization Number”; (RAN) and prepaid freight. All authorized returns will incur a 30% restocking charge. Unauthorized returns will not be accepted. Cancellations will be charged 50% of total order or greater than depending time of cancellation.
EZ Swap Guarantee products & 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee items are subject to other return policies found here.
Specific orders processed by customer and custom orders cannot be canceled upon completion.
Since many Tenecor Aquariums products are made-to-order, please allow 2 to 4 weeks for shipment. Most aquariums are shipped common carrier - curbside service. This means your order will be delivered to the curb of the delivery address you specify, and you will be expected to remove it from the back of the truck. Deliveries are normally made between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM local time. Other services are available for an additional charge. Smaller accessory items will be shipped by UPS or Fedex.
PLEASE NOTE: As an added security precaution, we require that the shipping address match your billing address for all credit card transactions. Please make sure the “delivery address” and “billing address” are the same when paying with a credit card.
Receiving Your Tenecor Order
To ensure your Tenecor order is everything you expect, we request that you follow a few specific procedures when it arrives. We rarely have any damage to our orders, but occasionally some breakage will occur.
- INSPECT EACH PACKAGE BEFORE YOU SIGN FOR THE DELIVERY! THE DELIVERY DRIVER MAY INSIST ON YOUR SIGNATURE FIRST, BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSPECT EACH ITEM'S PACKAGE, AND MUST DO SO.
- YOU MUST INSPECT EACH PACKAGE CAREFULLY, AND IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE TO ANY OF THE PACKAGING, CALL TENECOR AQUARIUMS IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT SIGN FOR THE SHIPMENT OR REFUSE THE SHIPMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE TALKED TO A TENECOR SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE. HE OR SHE WILL DETERMINE THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION TO ENSURE YOUR SATISFACTION. AGAIN, INSPECT EACH PACKAGE REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING THE DELIVERY DRIVER MAY SAY.
- CAREFULLY CHECK THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT FOR ANY SIGNS OF OBVIOUS DAMAGE, SUCH AS TEARS IN THE PACKAGING, BROKEN STRAPS, OR DAMAGE TO THE SKID. IF YOU FIND ANY DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING, FIRST SIGN FOR THE SHIPMENT, THEN IN THE DRIVER'S PRESENCE, OPEN THE PACKAGE AND HAVE THE DRIVER NOTE ON ALL COPIES OF THE FREIGHT BILL THE NATURE AND THE EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE. MAKE SURE THE DRIVER SIGNS YOUR COPY. KEEP ALL PACKAGING MATERIALS FROM THE SHIPMENT. IF THE SHIPPING COMPANY REQUESTS AN INSPECTION OF THE DAMAGE, THEY WILL NEED TO SEE THIS PACKAGING TO SETTLE THE CLAIM.
THE FREIGHT DRIVER IS CONTRACTED TO DELIVER YOUR ORDER TO THE CURB BETWEEN 8 AM AND 5 PM MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY. THE DRIVER IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REMOVING IT FROM THE TRUCK OR CARRYING IT TO THE HOUSE. THESE SERVICES ALONG WITH SPECIAL DELIVERY TIMES, MAY BE AVAILABLE FROM THE CARRIER, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO ARRANGE FOR THEM WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY AT YOUR OWN EXPENSE BEFORE THE SHIPMENT ARRIVES TO YOUR DELIVERY ADDRESS.
HERE ARE SOME COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID
- DO NOT ASSUME THE PIECE COUNT IS CORRECT JUST BECAUSE THE PALLET IS SHRINK WRAPPED. PIECES CAN SLIP OUT OF THE WRAP. ONCE YOU SIGN FOR ALL OF THE PIECES AS BEING DELIVERED, YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ANY CLAIM.
- DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE ACCEPT THE SHIPMENT UNLESS THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH THESE PROCEDURES. IF A NEIGHBOR, RELATIVE, OR EMPLOYEE SIGNS FOR THE SHIPMENT AS BEING IN GOOD SHAPE, YOU LOSE THE SAME RIGHTS AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED FOR IT YOURSELF.
- DO NOT ASSUME THAT LOOSE PIECES ARE FINE. IN FACT, YOU CAN ASSUME THAT THEY ARE DAMAGED. TENECOR AQUARIUMS PACKS ALL COMMON CARRIER SHIPMENTS ON A PALLET FOR ONE REASON - TO PROTECT YOUR MERCHANDISE.
Hopefully, your merchandise will never be damaged. Tenecor Aquariums does everything possible to guarantee safe delivery of your order. You can assure satisfaction by following these simple guidelines. If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please contact Tenecor Aquariums for more information.