Our Shipping Policy
How we ship
Many Tenecor items include the cost of shipping. Certain exceptions apply such as custom orders or unusual destinations.
Our number one priority is the safe, undamaged delivery of your order and we take great care in preparing your order. Depending on size and/or weight, your Tenecor order may ship by UPS, FEDEX or common carrier (by "truck"). Some smaller accessory items may be sent by US postal service.
Why we crate some truck shipments
Forklifts and aquariums do not get along well. Therefore, if your order is going to travel by common carrier, we may crate it.
Where we ship
Tenecor ships worldwide with the exception of active war zones, certain closed countries or areas impacted by natural disasters. International orders are FOB Tenecor plant.
Shipping lead times
Since many Tenecor products are made-to-order, please allow up 2 to 4 weeks for shipment.
Most aquariums are shipped common carrier - curbside service. This means your order will be delivered to the curb of the delivery address you specify, and you will be expected to remove it from the back of the truck. Deliveries are normally made between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM local time. Other services are available for an additional charge.
PLEASE NOTE: As an added security precaution, we require that the shipping address match your billing address for all credit card transactions. Please make sure the “delivery address” and “billing address” are the same when paying with a credit card.
Receiving Your Tenecor OrderTo ensure your Tenecor order is everything you expect, we request that you follow a few specific procedures when it arrives. We rarely have any damage to our orders, but occasionally some breakage will occur.
- INSPECT EACH PACKAGE BEFORE YOU SIGN FOR THE DELIVERY! THE DELIVERY DRIVER MAY INSIST ON YOUR SIGNATURE FIRST, BUT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO INSPECT EACH ITEM'S PACKAGE, AND MUST DO SO.
- YOU MUST INSPECT EACH PACKAGE CAREFULLY, AND IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE TO ANY OF THE PACKAGING, CALL TENECOR AQUARIUMS IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT SIGN FOR THE SHIPMENT OR REFUSE THE SHIPMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE TALKED TO A TENECOR SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE. HE OR SHE WILL DETERMINE THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION TO ENSURE YOUR SATISFACTION. AGAIN, INSPECT EACH PACKAGE REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING THE DELIVERY DRIVER MAY SAY.
- CAREFULLY CHECK THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT FOR ANY SIGNS OF OBVIOUS DAMAGE, SUCH AS TEARS IN THE PACKAGING, BROKEN STRAPS, OR DAMAGE TO THE SKID. IF YOU FIND ANY DAMAGE TO THE PACKAGING, FIRST SIGN FOR THE SHIPMENT, THEN IN THE DRIVER'S PRESENCE, OPEN THE PACKAGE AND HAVE THE DRIVER NOTE ON ALL COPIES OF THE FREIGHT BILL THE NATURE AND THE EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE. MAKE SURE THE DRIVER SIGNS YOUR COPY. KEEP ALL PACKAGING MATERIALS FROM THE SHIPMENT. IF THE SHIPPING COMPANY REQUESTS AN INSPECTION OF THE DAMAGE, THEY WILL NEED TO SEE THIS PACKAGING TO SETTLE THE CLAIM.
HERE ARE SOME COMMON MISTAKES TO AVOID
- DO NOT ASSUME THE PIECE COUNT IS CORRECT JUST BECAUSE THE PALLET IS SHRINK WRAPPED. PIECES CAN SLIP OUT OF THE WRAP. ONCE YOU SIGN FOR ALL OF THE PIECES AS BEING DELIVERED, YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ANY CLAIM.
- DO NOT HAVE SOMEONE ELSE ACCEPT THE SHIPMENT UNLESS THEY ARE FAMILIAR WITH THESE PROCEDURES. IF A NEIGHBOR, RELATIVE, OR EMPLOYEE SIGNS FOR THE SHIPMENT AS BEING IN GOOD SHAPE, YOU LOSE THE SAME RIGHTS AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED FOR IT YOURSELF.
- DO NOT ASSUME THAT LOOSE PIECES ARE FINE. IN FACT, YOU CAN ASSUME THAT THEY ARE DAMAGED. TENECOR AQUARIUMS PACKS ALL COMMON CARRIER SHIPMENTS ON A PALLET FOR ONE REASON - TO PROTECT YOUR MERCHANDISE.